The name of engineering as a profession has been resounding for ages, masses have indulged in its studies and taken it up as their career over the years. It basically refers to the profession in which individuals design and build structures, materials, and products after a lot of research. Acquiring knowledge on the subject has currently become easier with the rising of the polytechnic universities such as the Northwest Polytechnic University of Engineering
These are universities that provide training and assistance in vocational courses in all types of engineering. These are mostly three-year programs that equip an individual with all the knowledge required to become a professional in the field. This can be taken up anyone interested in engineering soon after they complete their 10th or 12th standard.
Engineers can be categorized into various types, there are primarily six of these categories:
- Civil Engineering – this is considered to be one of the oldest forms of engineering which deals with the construction of buildings and roads or any other major structure that one can see around. This is commonly imparted at universities such as Northwest Polytechnic University of engineering.
- Mechanical engineering – when it comes to the construction of machines and equipment used for any purpose, it is the mechanical engineer who can take care of such things. They imbibe the principles of physics such as energy, motion, and force into their workings.
- Production engineering – this too is related to the manufacture of goods and products. The area of expertise lies in the ability to incorporate technology into the building of products from their raw materials. Some of the common positions within this engineering category include production design engineer, assistant production engineer, and production manager.
- Chemical engineering – an engineer of this category could fit in several fields of work such as pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, microelectronics, fertilizer technology, construction, biotechnology and environmental health, food processing, and many others.
- Biomedical engineering – the problems in biology are solved by those who study in this category of engineering. The individuals training under this are often known as medical engineers. Patient care and human health quality are the areas of expertise for this type of engineer. The biomedical instruments and equipment are created by such engineers, and they also provide training to others in the medical department in the usage of such equipment.
- Aerospace engineering – this, as the name suggests is the study of space and aircraft. The engineers studying this learn how to design and build such spacecraft. They hold a very important position in the defense system of any nation since they are the ones who design and construct the missiles, helicopters, rockets, and also satellites that help a country defend itself from its adversaries.
The scope of engineering is vast and if carefully thought out and selected, individuals can do wonders in their field by simply enrolling themselves in polytechnic universities such as the Northwest Polytechnic University of engineering.