Technology exists to make your daily activities easier, and the Indian Government’s commitment to digitization of most of its procedures is designed to make them easier for the citizens. Many Indian states have shifted their land record and management system to an online platform, simplifying the process of requesting a land record.
The Odisha state government introduced a land record system that enables Odisha citizens to check their land records online. This platform is known as “Bhulekh Odisha”. If you are a resident of Odisha, then you should know about this portal. However, if you don’t know about it, you’re at the right place.
What’s important is that you can now register your land online and also view other land records. As a resident of Odisha, registering land and searching for land online is now easy. You can also access the map of your land and additional details about the land.
For further information on how to apply for a land record through Bhulekh Odisha, read on.
What is Bhulekh Odisha?
Bhulekh Odisha is an online portal that the Odisha state government designed to serve as a repository of Odisha land record for citizens of Odisha. The government launched it under its “E-governance” initiative along with other programs like Geo-Naksha and Land Revenue payment.
Previously, Odisha’s landowners had to make several trips to the government revenue department to access information on their land, but it was an entirely stressful process.
With the automated system, you can now view the same records from the comfort of your house. The portal provides details like the Record of Rights (ROR), property value, plot number, and so on.
What is a Record of Rights (ROR)?
The Record of Rights, or ROR, is a document that provides information about a land or property’s real owner. As an Odisha resident, you need this document for any impending land sale or purchase.
The Revenue and Disaster Management Department of the Odisha state government issues the ROR document. The ROR document includes the name of landowners, the land history, the land’s monetary value, the type of land, agricultural characteristics, and other information.
Five Benefits of the Bhulekh Odisha Online Portal
Below are five benefits of the Bhulekh Odisha online system:
- It instantly provides land records and related information. Residents don’t have to visit the revenue department unless they want to.
- This system promotes transparency in Odisha’s land management system.
- Using it saves time and eliminates the chances of getting the wrong land record.
- It also provides a map of the land for the landowner’s viewing pleasure.
- This system ensures that you do not need to pay any amount to view your land record.
How to Check a Bhulekh Odisha Land Record Online
Follow the below steps to check your Odisha land record online:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Bhulekh Portal at http://bhulekh.ori.nic.in/RoRView.aspx.
- Step 2: Click on the “Select Location for ROR” option.
- Step 3: Select the option below that best describes your area: district, Tahasil, village, and RI circle.
- Step 4: Three options will display on your screen. These options are “Khatiyan”, “Plot Number” and “Tenant”.
- For Khatiyan:
- Click on the “Khatiyan” Option
- Select Khaiyan from the dropdown list
- For Plot Number:
- Choose the “Plot” option
- Select the plot number from the dropdown list
- For Tenant:
- Click on the “Tenant” option
- Select the tenant name
- Step 5: Click on the “ROR Front Page” option or the “ROR Back Page” option.
- Step 6: The ROR instantly appears. Click on print to get a copy.
We advise you to take advantage of the Bhulekh Odisha’s website to get your land record within seconds. You can do all that you would have done at a land revenue office from your house. If you get confused at a point, please refer to the above guidelines.